Introduction to Circular RNA Sequencing
Circular RNA (circRNA) is a highly stable molecule of ncRNA, in form of a covalently closed loop that lacks the 5’end caps and the 3’ poly(A) tails. The circular structure grants circRNAs resistance against exonuclease digestion, a characteristic that can be exploited in library construction.
Novogene’s circRNA sequencing service (circRNA-seq) uses next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology to support a wide range of investigations focused on circRNA. The regulatory function of circRNAs may be involved in many biological processes, such as regulation of gene expression by acting as miRNA “sponges”, transport of miRNAs, and overall regulation of protein synthesis.
Applications of Circular RNA sequencing
circRNA-seq reveals the molecular importance in regulating gene expression including:
- Profiling known and novel circRNAs and prediction of target genes
- Identification of biomarkers for diagnostics and classification of cancer or diseases
- Exploration of regulatory networks between ncRNA and miRNA
- Understanding the mechanisms of tissue or organism development based on transcript profiles
Benefits of Novogene circRNA sequencing
- The circRNA-seq service relies on Novogene’s extensive experience supporting many investigators in research. This service offers a comprehensive analysis performed with industry-standard software and a mature in-house bioinformatics pipeline. Novogene provides a convenient and fast solution to assist researchers in understanding the regulatory networks and the deep regulatory mechanisms of gene expression.
circRNA-seq Specifications: RNA Sample Requirements
|Library Type||Sample Type||Amount||RNA Integrity Number (Agilent 2100)||Purity (NanoDrop)|
|circRNA Library||Total RNA||≥ 2 μg||Animal ≥ 7, Plant ≥ 6.5, with smooth baseline||OD260/280 ≥ 2.0;
OD260/230 ≥ 2.0;
circRNA-seq Specifications: Sequencing and Analysis
|Sequencing Platform||Illumina NovaSeq 6000|
|Read Length||Paired-end 150bp|
|Recommended Sequencing Depth||≥ 40 million read pair per sample|
|Standard Data Analysis||
Novogene circRNA Sequencing Project Workflow
The workflow begins with the evaluation of sample quality. After ribosomal RNA (rRNA) depletion, samples are digested by RNase R to remove linear transcripts. Strand-specific libraries (also known as stranded/directional libraries) are prepared, and the sequencing is performed using a paired-end 150bp strategy. Quality assessment of the samples, libraries, and sequencing data are performed to guarantee high-quality results. Bioinformatics pipelines can be tailored to multiple needs, providing high-quality, publication-ready results.
Featured publications using Novogene circRNA service
Novogene’s circRNAs service helps researchers to understand regulation mechanisms of gene expression through exciting and new research avenues. There is a summarized list of publications below that have used Novogene’s circRNA-seq services.
Molecular CancerIssue Date: 02 June 2020IF: 15.302DOI: 10.1186/s12943-020-01215-4
EMBO Molecular MedicineIssue Date: 2 September 2019IF: 8.821DOI: 10.15252/emmm.201810168
Length Distribution of circRNA